Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sweet Dough

6 BAGELS or 12 DINNER ROLLS
(Sweet Dough)

Mix:
1 c. warm water
1 c. wheat flour
¼ c. canola oil
1/4 c. sugar (2T. honey)
½ T. yeast
1 t. salt
1 egg
---
Knead:
1 ½ c. flour (wheat or white)
can add more ¼ c at a time until not too sticky.

Rise in covered bowl until double.
Punch down or knead and shape with oiled hands.
Place in greased brownie pan.
Rise again, covered.

For Rolls: Bake at 375 for 15 min or 400 for 10 min

For Bagels: (Can use less oil- 1 ½ T)
Boil in Hot Water 1 min, flip, 1 min.
Drain on Paper towel.
Can dip top in milk, then cinnamon/sugar
Bake at 400 for 20 min.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, this website is awesome! It is so incredible that you have so much passion for bread-making. I think you are truly a Mrs. Do-It-All if I have ever met one! Really, is there anything you can't do?

    Secondly, I'm assuming you have made bagels, right? White or wheat? How did they turn out? I have wanted to try them but have never dared. Let me know if you have any suggestions before I attempt.

    Thanks,

    Laura

    ReplyDelete