Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Word of Wisdom Today

Have any of you been wondering what the LDS Church's stance is on nutrition today?
I did- I felt like Joseph Smith- confused by every voice declaring what is healthy and what is not.

After praying, I felt impressed to go to the church's website and see what the brethren have said.
I went to providentliving.org (the church's website for food storage and self reliance,
then clicked on "Physical Health", then on "Nutrition & Diet."
(Here is the link: Nutrition & Diet)
Nutrition and Diet Manual cover
I downloaded the pdf on the right hand column of the page
and have felt so SETTLED on where I stand with nutrition.  
(And, my family is relieved to be more normal).
I had been making my own rules that the Lord has not set- kind of Pharisaical.
My husband's advice is always to Follow the Prophet.
Line up with what he says and you'll be safe.
I found that means lining up my priorities with his.
Now I feel like my time and energy can be spent on more meaningful things than food.


*I also love what the Strength of Youth Pamphlet says about nutrition:
Eat nutritious food- food that has nutrients!
Practice Balance & Moderation in all aspects of physical health
Avoid extremes in diet
Physical & Emotional Health

No comments:

Post a Comment